When this uploads, it’ll be January 1st. I spent a good portion of time examining the different tools and aspects of WordPress. Something I should have done years ago but never actually bothered because I am actually the worst.
This past year has been a rollercoaster. I did so much. I gained so much. And I lost just as much. I suppose, per tradition. The goals I set for myself last year:
- Do either a secret Los Angeles walk or stairs walk twice a month.
Nope! Now, I did do a lot of walking. But that was my own rambling paths I was following.
- Fill out the Happiness Journal as it’s meant to be.
Also no. I started off great, but it stopped being a thing around April…
- Keep applying to jobs.
I did do this. I even have a job now. It’s.. it sure is something.
- Make one new friend.
I have made several new friends. It’s nice.
- Dance more.
:: dances around bedroom ::
- Finish the writing projects I’m working on, or at least one of them as much as I can.
This is hard to quantify. I did finish a first draft, which I hate. I started a new project, which I’m enjoying. Though I find it stressful. So. Yes, and no? I guess. I don’t know.
- Read 30 new books.
Ding ding ding.
- Update here more often
Sorta? I do think this year was the most I’ve ever uploaded here. Still not where I’d like to be. But an improvement.
Other accomplishments for the year include:
- I have had three jobs this year. My current one pays me more money than I have ever been paid before for work. I’m actually mostly okay, sans emergencies, financially.
- I moved out of my parents home. I have a nice room in a lovely apartment in Los Angeles. I don’t deal with the same, constant level stress and anxiety I have for years now.
- I actually received the hard, physical copies of my degrees. I have degrees. This is mind-boggling on so many levels.
- I started playing in two new campaigns.
- I stepped out of my comfort level in two different ways. I participated in a LARP – specifically, Dystopia Rising – and I signed up for and have been attending drop-in D&D games at comic book shops in the valley.
- I have regularly seen my friends. I’ve regularly spent time with folks that keep me calm and keep me happy.
- I got an annual pass to Disneyland.
- I got over a crush on someone I’ve had for years. And fell in love with someone wonderful. To which…
- I have a boyfriend. He’s neat. And lets me bite him a lot.
- I joined a gym. I even go semi-regularly.
- I hit a weight loss goal I have had for years.
I also lost my grandmother. I feel like I’ve lost my sister. I’ve lost friends. As petty as this sounds, I’ve lost my favorite shirt… the yellow one that made me feel comforted and invisible when I wore it.
This past year was hard for so many people. It was difficult, at times. But I did so much that I never actually believed I would be able to do that I can’t hate the year 2017 the way some of my friends are.
And to look forward… For 2018 I would like to accomplish the following:
- Get my passport.
- Pass my CBEST.
- Celebrate my 30th birthday at Disneyland, staying at the Disney hotel.
- Get treatment for my growing general anxiety, OCD, and bi-polar.
- Make a deposit on a cruise line trip for 2019.
- Start my own Dungeon and Dragons campaign.
- Get more progress done on the Legends story, especially now that the game is finished.
- Read 35 books.
- Stop reaching out to the people who do not make anywhere near the same effort that I do to maintain the friendship.
- By the end of the year, have a minimum of $1,000 in savings.
- Write more. In just, general. Write more.
- Continue my weight loss journey.
I am hoping that I can do this. Some of these goals feel impossible. Some feel totally doable.
So here’s to 2018. Let’s have this year be at least as productive as the last, if not more so.
Cheers, and Happy New Year.